Secretary and Director
Forty-three years of experience in transportation, rail operations, rail network design, port terminal rail infrastructure development, warehousing, and intermodal equipment maintenance and repair.
Mr. Baumhefner has designed, implemented and managed rail services and terminals across North America and participated in the development and implementation of efficient on-dock rail terminals in port infrastructures. He managed the nation’s largest intermodal rail network and developed efficient processes for maintenance and repair of intermodal equipment. He completed numerous assignments in the actual rail operating environment and was a strategic partner with railroads developing and implementing intermodal rail services. Mr. Baumhefner received a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts from the University of California at Los Angeles.
His professional history includes:
• Executive Vice President Operations, Pacer Stacktrain
• Assistant Vice President Operations, Pacer Stacktrain
• Director Rail Operations, American President Land Transport Services
• Director of Marketing, Southern Corridor, American President Intermodal
• Manager Rail Operations, American President Intermodal
• Assistant Division Superintendent, Southern Pacific
• Terminal Superintendent, Southern Pacific
• Assistant Trainmaster, Southern Pacific
• Train Dispatcher, Southern Pacific